نوع مطلب :نمونه سوال ،
Introduction: Answer the following questions by choosing the best choice (a, b, c, or d).
1. Which of the following factors will lead to creating a better interest in the subject matter and ultimately results in an enhanced concentration for study?
a. awareness of the usefulness of the subject matter
b. being realistic about the time and amount of study
c. having an exact distribution of the time for study
d. studying the subject matter as regularly as possible
2. Planning a study time before the class and preparation for each class will create …………………………………………………….. .
a. a better study schedule for your class
b. a sense of confidence in the class
c. a sense of completeness in the class
d. a better concentration in the class
3. Which of the following dictionaries should we avoid if we want to have an effective study?
a. ESL abridged dictionaries
b. British English dictionaries
c. Persian-English dictionaries
d. Synonym-antonym dictionaries
4. Your dictionary indicates separate syllables usually by ……………….. in the first entry.
a. a stress mark b. a dash c. a hyphen d. a heavy black dot
5. Which of the following statements is true regarding pronunciation in studying English as a foreign language?
a. pronunciation is not at all important in effective communication
b. pronunciation should be based on the standard American English
c. The different pronunciations of words are not recorded in dictionaries.
d. pronunciation is more important than the spelling of the words
6. The real meaning of a word does not depend on the sequence of the definitions in a dictionary.
Rather, it depends on the ……..……. of that word in a sentence.
a. definition c. position b. use d. derivation
7. Which of the following statements is true about the idioms of a foreign language and their
appearance in a dictionary?
a. They are usually listed as independent entries
b. They are not often used in a written language
c. They generally appear under the main words
d. Their meanings are often clear and guessable
8. A language learner who is interested in knowing the origins of the words and the history behind them devotes some time to study about ……………….. .
a. etymology b. general information
c. derivation d. the guide words
9.The sentence: Who is your prof in econ class? is an example of using ………………..
a. formal b. idiomatic c. inaccurate d. colloquial
10. The relative size of the vocabulary a foreign language student knows ……………………… .
a. is accurately and clearly measurable
b. reflects his/her language experience
c. is not an indication of professional success
is irrelevant to his/her literacy or education
11. What is the help that a context can provide for learning the words of a foreign language?
a. it provides the reader with clues to meaning
b. it offers the reader with an analytic approach
c. it enables the reader to focus on the grammar
d. it gives the details of the origin of words
12. Which of the following cases is an example of expository writing?
a. narrative stories
b. analysis of processes
c. descriptive passages
d. fantasy fictions
13. Which of the following is true about reading skills?
a. speed of reading does not usually matter that much
b. speed reading is the result of lack of comprehension
c. vocalization and regression are positive features
d. speed of reading depends partly on the reader’s vision
14. A poor characteristic of slow readers is the number of times their eyes must go back to a word or phrase that they did not see accurately the first time. This is referred to as …………………… .
a. peripheral vision
b. focal vision
15. Which of the following is true about the patterns of paragraph?
a. Inductive paragraphs move form the particular to the general.
b. The main idea of a paragraph is always explicitly implied.
c. The paragraph pattern should preferably be deductive.
d. Inductive paragraphs state the main idea in the first sentence.
16. Read the following paragraph extract. What kind of paragraph is it?
My hometown and my college town have several things in common. First, both are small
rural communities. For example, my hometown, Gridlock, has a population of only about
10,000 people. Similarly, my college town, Subnormal, consists of about 11,000 local
residents. This population swells to 15,000 people when the college students are
attending classes. A second way in which these two towns are similar is that they are
both located in rural areas …………………. .
a. analogy paragraph b. inductive paragraph
c. comparison paragraph d. definition paragraph
17. Read the following sentence. What is the function of the underlined part?
Having put out the fire, the fireman urged the crowd to leave, accordingly, they returned to their homes.
a. a contrast connective b. an addition connective
c. a result connective d. Time-sequence connective
18. Which of the following cases is an example of skimming in reading?
a. Reading for vocabulary learning
b. Finding one’s name in a grid list
c. Reading for deep comprehension
d. Reading for learning new words
19. A detailed alphabetical listing of all the major persons, places, ideas, facts and topics that the book contains along with the page numbers is called …………….. .
a. Glossary b. table of content
c. index d. bibliography
20. When we are assigned a textbook to study, first we should take a look at the pages to get a general idea of the material. We should also check the topic headings and the graphs and charts.
This stage is referred to as …………………. .
a. scrutiny b. survey c. search d. scan
21. Underlining, circling, marginalizing and other methods of marking a book will build active reading. That is why we should ……………………………………….. .
a. make our books dilapidated
b. have all sets of standard books
c. keep our great books untouched
d. try to buy and read our own books
22. What is really appreciated in a skilled study is the ability to …………………….. .
a. take good notes b. take exact notes
c. make useful notes d. take complete notes
23. All the following cases are advisable in note-making EXCEPT .
a. writing the ideas completely and in good details
b. trying to have a quick and accurate comprehension
c. listening to the main points if the speaker is very fast
d. trying to use symbols rather than lengthy reports
24. Somebody who is a good note maker is also skillful in ……………. .
a. outlining b. describing c. analyzing d. lecturing
25. In ………………., you can find short articles on specific subjects, written by authorities, and
complied into a series of many volumes.
a. yearbooks b. dictionaries c. bibliographies d. encyclopedias
26. All of the following reasons can explain why examinations should complement instruction and education EXCEPT ……………………………………………………. .
a. checking understanding the material in a particular course
b. creating incentives for students to review the material
c. creating grades teachers and other decision makers can use
d. teaching the main points of a course through examination
27. Which of the following activities is advised in preparation for an examination?
a. Try to study as strictly and accurately as possible to the last minute
b. Avoid fatigue by eating regularly and getting enough amount of sleep
c. Take some time to review the material with your friends before the exam
d. Try to reread the textbook and memorize the main points before the exam
28. The examinations in which you are not usually expected to write something and your responses are limited to selecting or marking are called ………………. .
a. subjective b. objective c. circumlocution d. evaluation
29. ……………. usually change the parts of speech of the words without changing their meaning.
a. Roots b. Suffixes c. Prefixes d. Stems
30. Regarding spelling rules, which of the following words is inaccurate?
نمرات میان ترم زبان پیش دانشگاهی- سما پسران یکشنبه 22 اردیبهشت 1392
نمرات میان ترم زبان خارجی (مشخصه 686)- سما پسران یکشنبه 22 اردیبهشت 1392
چند ضرب المثل انگلیسی چهارشنبه 5 مهر 1391
نمونه هایی از گفتگوهای تجاری (بخش دوم) چهارشنبه 5 مهر 1391
نمونه هایی از گفتگوهای تجاری (بخش اول) چهارشنبه 5 مهر 1391
اندرزهای شکسپیر برای لذت از زندگی دوشنبه 27 شهریور 1391
چند اصطلاح در بر دارنده ی نام های حیوانات به صورت تست های چند گزینه ای شنبه 21 مرداد 1391
برخی لغات انگلیسی که ریشه فارسی دارند. چهارشنبه 13 مهر 1390
تقویت مهارت خواندن و درک مفاهیم جمعه 18 شهریور 1390
نمونه سوال: شعر ساده دوشنبه 13 تیر 1390
Beauty شنبه 11 تیر 1390
Paradox of Our Times شنبه 11 تیر 1390
مقاله: معیارهای ترجمه متون دینی شنبه 11 تیر 1390
پیشنهادهایی در ترجمه نوشته های علمی و تحقیقی (بخش دوم) شنبه 11 تیر 1390
پیشنهادهایی در ترجمه نوشته های علمی و تحقیقی (بخش اول) شنبه 11 تیر 1390
مقاله: پست مدرنیسـم و فرآینـد جهـانی شدن شنبه 11 تیر 1390
معرفی کتاب برای listening جمعه 3 تیر 1390
معرفی کتاب برای یادگیری grammar جمعه 3 تیر 1390
ده سوالی که خداوند از شما نمی پرسد... دوشنبه 30 خرداد 1390
چگونه انگلیسی بنویسیم شنبه 28 خرداد 1390
نمونه سوال اصول و روش ترجمه جمعه 20 خرداد 1390
روش تشخیص main idea چهارشنبه 18 خرداد 1390
چگونه مهارت درک مطلب را بهبود بخشیم. چهارشنبه 18 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی ( بخش سیزدهم) دوشنبه 9 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی ( بخش دوازدهم) دوشنبه 9 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش یازدهم) دوشنبه 9 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش دهم) سه شنبه 3 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش نهم) سه شنبه 3 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش هشتم) سه شنبه 3 خرداد 1390
لیست آخرین پستها